Are you interested in becoming an Acton Academy Bee Cave Guide?
Acton Academy Bee Cave is part of the Acton Academy network, a new school model praised by the Gates Foundation’s former Executive Director of Education as “one of the most important education developments in the world.”
If you’re interested in education and innovation, this is your chance. Being a teacher at Acton Academy Bee Cave is more like being a leader of a small, fast-paced startup. We believe that every young person who enters our doors will find a calling that can change the world. More broadly, we intend for Acton Academy Bee Cave to be a catalyst as Texas becomes a leader in K-12 education. This journey needs innovators and leaders – perhaps you.
If your goal is to instill your love of learning in others while advancing your professional growth, this is your chance to become a part of one of the world’s most innovative schools.
Acton Academy Bee Cave is seeking an Elementary Studio Guide who is ready to change the world of education. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of designing the foundation of the Elementary Studio and be a part of one of the most innovative schools of the 21st Century.
Start your Application Now
Do you believe young people are capable of vastly more than they’re given credit for?
Do you believe the world is changing fast, and the design of schools needs an update?
Do you want to join the founding team at one of the most innovative schools in the world?
Who We Hire
Those most successful at Acton Academy Bee Cave are not just looking for a job; they’re looking for a calling, they are on their own journey to leave the world a better place than they found it. After several years, Guides here will go on to start their own schools, start their own companies, or join a top tech firm or graduate program.
Top candidates often come from diverse backgrounds in:
- Design (graphic, experience, product, design thinking, etc.)
- Innovative education
Building (“maker-space”, architecture, craftsmen and hobbyists, etc.)
- Outdoor adventure (climbing, canyoneering, etc.)
- Consulting, finance
- Writing, blogging, publishing
- Photography, painting
- Engineering, hard sciences
These backgrounds enrich the environment and are frequent sources of inspiration for projects.
Building the school of the future requires a team of promising leaders and innovators, co-creating with students a new type of learning environment:
Studios, not Classrooms
Acton Academy Bee Cave Studios feel more like startup spaces than classrooms, with real-world projects, Socratic discussions, apprenticeships, and the Hero’s Journey in a student-centered, multi-age community.
Guides, not Teachers
Acton Academy Bee Cave Guides are team leaders and mentors, not lecturers, with a role as a catalyst, coach, consultant, and collaborator.
Heroes, not Students
Acton Academy Bee Cave Heroes lead their own learning, using a powerful set of systems for transparent accountability and inherent value to their work.
We hire people who:
- Can build strong relationships with children ages 6-11
- Love to learn, and have a vision for how that can be different, and better
- Have a track record of excellent work and commitment in the discipline(s) they’ve committed to, wherever that is
- Feel called to a job that truly makes an impact, goal oriented, and passionate about personal growth
- Embrace technology and the nearly infinite opportunity it offers for learning and growth
- Embrace the innovation cycle, including iterating, failing, improving, and trying again
- These backgrounds enrich the environment and are frequent sources of inspiration for projects.
Fall 2021 full-time positions include:
- Lead Elementary Studio Guide – Ages 6-11 – called our Discovery Studio
- Lead Primary Studio Guide – Ages 4-6 – called our Spark Studio
Acton Academy Bee Cave Guides are coaches entrusted with designing, planning, and executing the core learning experiences in a collaborative, multi-age Studio. Our Acton Academy Bee Cave team is as invested in the growth and development of our team members as we are for the young people at the school. While you’re at Acton Academy Bee Cave, our goal is to equip you to find a calling that will change the world.
Apprentice Guides work for certain portions of the day or week, or chair specific programs like art, music, Quest, or PE. The Apprentice Guide is an ideal role for a top university student looking for a high-quality internship that will build their career and pays well.
Compensation for all positions is competitive.